Skip to main content

The "Call of Duty: MW3" on WII

A few days ago, I played the "Call of Duty: MW3" on the Nintendo WII. I opened up the package. It says on the package for "Mature Audiences +17".  I booted it up. At my age of 37, I was wondering if I could handle the intensity of this game. Not so much the blood and gore, but the controls. The thing I hate about these games, is the controls. You need a numbchuck and the regular handheld device hooked together. Too many buttons, sometimes can cause you to lose a game just over how your thumb or finger reaches for that button in time.

The WII fit is a great game also, getting away from the above paragraph. It is amazing what you can do now, with a video game console. Exercise and compete too.

I played the game. It was ferocious at times. It is a good feature where the game loads after getting through to the next segment, or you would just never survive. Never get through it. At least, me personally. No doubt a teenager would get through there without probably hardly getting hit.

The visual presence of the game is astounding. The graphics are great. I understand why the game is rated at 17 and over. I compare this to the time when I was a kid, playing with the Atari 2600, then commmodore 64. The Commodore 64 did have some games that were interesting and fun to play with. Simple joystick controls, with both the Atari and Commodore. The games of that time like seaquest or montazumas revenge, were more 2 dimensional. You could see the pixels and all, of course, but they did a good job for the times. We would play those games all evening, much to our parents dismay. The 64 was nice that you could get into the programming a little bit, at times.

The WII is a great gaming machine. Only thing I did not like, was my controllers were not picking up at times to my  motion. This was rare, but it did happen. I was perhaps out of range of the receiver on top of the tv. When you have to move fast when getting away from danger, it sometimes would freeze up. Or too quick of a movement to pick up? Not sure. That was the only pick I had, with the WII.

Besides that, the game is a 5 on 5 for me. Well done, plays out like a movie. And you are a part of it. If you liked the movie the Expendables with Stallone and company, then this is the game for you. In the end, I was getting used to the controls, C for crouching down, B for shooting, I think, and Z for focus your sights. I still get messed up with some of them. Someday someone out there will invent a great "controller". I have yet to see one. Or maybe the games are just to complex for some of us. Oh well.

Have a great day, till next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dog has ate a Ferrero Rocher.

I had only went into a store to buy a few Ferrero Rocher packages of chocolates... Then, I went into the next store, not realizing that I left the small, 3 chocolates per package, delicious Rochers in my middle vehicle organizer. On the way back, I did not even notice.

I had got out of my vehicle, and only when I went to search for something on that side, it all came together. The package was torn, with only one individually wrapped Ferro Rocher out of its packaging. She had selected one, and even tore the golden foil paper from the once existing Rocher Chocolate.

I looked over at my Dog. This was a little too much for me to handle. I yelled "Pushkin! You ate one of my Ferrero Rocher!"  Is she the only dog in the world that probably ate a Ferrero Rocher.

Good point in standing, she actually thought the process through. She did not destroy the three chocolates in the package, all in one bite. She used her incisors, exactly as a surgeon would, to take apart the package from t…

Supermarket Guy 5 doing very well.

Have approximately 15 % written on Part 5 so far. It is going really well, but the first few chapters maybe more drama and less action. Relationships come into play as the main characters father and mother first meet. A meeting of the eccentrics, one extreme male dominate character with a woman who takes liberty to the maximum extreme, looking back to the 70's, where we remember the 8 track tape and black and white tv. When smoking was cool. A decade where the men held the dominance in affairs and in the household, and the women usually held the fort at the home. Things have changed for the better through the late 80s and 90s, as a womans place in the world has become much more equal these days, becoming bread winners and with the men sharing allot of the household chores these days in many families. Perhaps Margaret Thatcher paved the way for many women all over the world. Now even governments make sure there is a good number of women in their cabinet in order to govern, and man…