1. The usual "Gesh, I didn't know you wrote a book! Where did you find time for that" from festive long lost friends or relatives.
2. When your manly friends tell you "Oh, I did'nt have time to read your books, but my wife read it and she sure likes it... But she likes just about anything she reads"
3. Where can I get a copy of that. I don't got a credit card so I can't order it online... Do you got any free copies...
4. The wife tells you "Why are you spending so much time on that thing. You got wood to split!"
5. Your son tells you "You should have put more pictures in that novel, dad. Maybe then I would have read it"
6. Your local library tells you "Oh, what a cute little book... We will put it way up there on the top shelf where it will keep the dust from falling on the traditional books"