Skip to main content

My Parents give some interesting looks into the old life.

My parents, God bless their souls, are a part of an older generation. Well, My dad was quite up in years when he had me. My mother, was a bit younger. They were, ahead of the future, perhaps, as more and more people chose to have kids later in life. I was, their only child.

And, they are great parents. Although, now I understand why they did the things they did. Tried to keep me sheltered, of course. Tried to keep me away from the potent things out there. Dad did not worry too much though. He never did. My mother, worried when I was a teenager, that sometimes I would not come home early enough at night from the clubs. Going to clubs at 15. No, not me... Oh well.

I looked like a 21 year old at 15. I was big, strong, and had a stach. A moustache. I still do. It is cause I am lucky enough to grow one, that I still wear it. I do not wear it long though. Short, and slim. Trim, and blim. Nearly stubbly. Not quite. My parents would worry.

Now, I worry about them. Old age, wondering when it will be the last time we talk about the old days. I am thankful they are ok, up till now. But I know time works against them, as it does us all. I can only say, try to gather the most important stories, history that you can from them. Listen to their wisdom, and try to understand where they come from. They are a vault of stories, from the amazing to the fascinating. I hope only to gain more stories from them, as the time goes by.  Till then...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dog has ate a Ferrero Rocher.

I had only went into a store to buy a few Ferrero Rocher packages of chocolates... Then, I went into the next store, not realizing that I left the small, 3 chocolates per package, delicious Rochers in my middle vehicle organizer. On the way back, I did not even notice.

I had got out of my vehicle, and only when I went to search for something on that side, it all came together. The package was torn, with only one individually wrapped Ferro Rocher out of its packaging. She had selected one, and even tore the golden foil paper from the once existing Rocher Chocolate.

I looked over at my Dog. This was a little too much for me to handle. I yelled "Pushkin! You ate one of my Ferrero Rocher!"  Is she the only dog in the world that probably ate a Ferrero Rocher.

Good point in standing, she actually thought the process through. She did not destroy the three chocolates in the package, all in one bite. She used her incisors, exactly as a surgeon would, to take apart the package from t…

Supermarket Guy 5 doing very well.

Have approximately 15 % written on Part 5 so far. It is going really well, but the first few chapters maybe more drama and less action. Relationships come into play as the main characters father and mother first meet. A meeting of the eccentrics, one extreme male dominate character with a woman who takes liberty to the maximum extreme, looking back to the 70's, where we remember the 8 track tape and black and white tv. When smoking was cool. A decade where the men held the dominance in affairs and in the household, and the women usually held the fort at the home. Things have changed for the better through the late 80s and 90s, as a womans place in the world has become much more equal these days, becoming bread winners and with the men sharing allot of the household chores these days in many families. Perhaps Margaret Thatcher paved the way for many women all over the world. Now even governments make sure there is a good number of women in their cabinet in order to govern, and man…