Skip to main content

Russia beats Canada in semi final game Hockey!

A hockey announcer said the other day, you never can count Canada out for a Gold medal game any year at the world juniors. This year, they were beaten by the Russian team. You can never count out the Russians, either.

The Russians had good goal tending the first 2 periods with Vasilevski. Only he fell apart in the third, but the Russian coach did the right thing after 4 goals scored by Canada, and he replaced their goaltender with Markerov.  The Russian Captain, Kuznetsov had 3 goals and an assist. A captain playing like a captain.

While disappointed with the loss, I give my congratulations to the Russian team. Very well played, and they showed allot of speed on the rush.

The Canadian team, however, did very good this year, regardless of losing to the strong Russian team. I knew, and I had a feeling, when they won those 4 games straight in round robin play, that the jinx would probably go to make them lose the last one. I never, like to see, my favorite team blank out the opposition in round robin play. I would have liked to see Canada have a 3 to 1 record going in, not a 4 to 0 record, as when you do not have a loss, it creates a jinx effect. I seen it in football as well, where a team would win all their regular season games, and then come to the last game for the cup, and lose.

So, all you coaches out there, if you got a hot team in regular season play with no losses, get your 4th and 3rd lines out there playing lots of hockey. Make your 1st and 2nd lines rest, and put in your third goalie. Take a loss, to break the jinx..

Once again, a big congrats to the Russian team! Very well played!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dog has ate a Ferrero Rocher.

I had only went into a store to buy a few Ferrero Rocher packages of chocolates... Then, I went into the next store, not realizing that I left the small, 3 chocolates per package, delicious Rochers in my middle vehicle organizer. On the way back, I did not even notice.

I had got out of my vehicle, and only when I went to search for something on that side, it all came together. The package was torn, with only one individually wrapped Ferro Rocher out of its packaging. She had selected one, and even tore the golden foil paper from the once existing Rocher Chocolate.

I looked over at my Dog. This was a little too much for me to handle. I yelled "Pushkin! You ate one of my Ferrero Rocher!"  Is she the only dog in the world that probably ate a Ferrero Rocher.

Good point in standing, she actually thought the process through. She did not destroy the three chocolates in the package, all in one bite. She used her incisors, exactly as a surgeon would, to take apart the package from t…

Supermarket Guy 5 doing very well.

Have approximately 15 % written on Part 5 so far. It is going really well, but the first few chapters maybe more drama and less action. Relationships come into play as the main characters father and mother first meet. A meeting of the eccentrics, one extreme male dominate character with a woman who takes liberty to the maximum extreme, looking back to the 70's, where we remember the 8 track tape and black and white tv. When smoking was cool. A decade where the men held the dominance in affairs and in the household, and the women usually held the fort at the home. Things have changed for the better through the late 80s and 90s, as a womans place in the world has become much more equal these days, becoming bread winners and with the men sharing allot of the household chores these days in many families. Perhaps Margaret Thatcher paved the way for many women all over the world. Now even governments make sure there is a good number of women in their cabinet in order to govern, and man…