Skip to main content

First proof in. I found 9 errors!

The first proof is in. I have found 9 errors in the text. Things that spell check would never find, as the words are words, unfortunately just the wrong words to go there.

A "the" where a "they" should be, a 'steam' where a "stream" should be.

I will have to go through the old copy I sent in, to see if they were my errors or errors done by the publisher. I am assuming I had done a few, and they had done a few also. I will recheck tomorrow.

So to reopen for correction, it will cost 25 bucks and 2 bucks per correction. It has to be corrected.

I have to fax the pages with the errors on, and probably send them in. I think that is the way it was done with Part 2 and so on.

I even find with where they corrected, it is underlined in red on the old copy, so it makes it somewhat easy to figure out if it was me or they that went wrong.

In one area, it looks as if windowpanes is one word which is correct, but it looks as if the window and the pane are not lined up. It stands out in the text. Maybe a computer glitch.

Have to recheck this tomorrow, but I am finished with the bulk of corrections now...

Till next time....


Popular posts from this blog

My Dog has ate a Ferrero Rocher.

I had only went into a store to buy a few Ferrero Rocher packages of chocolates... Then, I went into the next store, not realizing that I left the small, 3 chocolates per package, delicious Rochers in my middle vehicle organizer. On the way back, I did not even notice.

I had got out of my vehicle, and only when I went to search for something on that side, it all came together. The package was torn, with only one individually wrapped Ferro Rocher out of its packaging. She had selected one, and even tore the golden foil paper from the once existing Rocher Chocolate.

I looked over at my Dog. This was a little too much for me to handle. I yelled "Pushkin! You ate one of my Ferrero Rocher!"  Is she the only dog in the world that probably ate a Ferrero Rocher.

Good point in standing, she actually thought the process through. She did not destroy the three chocolates in the package, all in one bite. She used her incisors, exactly as a surgeon would, to take apart the package from t…

The Self Publishing 12 days of Christmas for 95 % of us...

What does Christmas mean for the majority of us self published authors. I think of the 12 days of self publishing... Scrooge approved.

1. The usual "Gesh, I didn't know you wrote a book! Where did you find time for that" from festive long lost friends or relatives.

2. When your manly friends tell you "Oh, I did'nt have time to read your books, but my wife read it and she sure likes it... But she likes just about anything she reads"

3. Where can I get a copy of that. I don't got a credit card so I can't order it online... Do you got any free copies...

4. The wife tells you "Why are you spending so much time on that thing. You got wood to split!"

5. Your son tells you "You should have put more pictures in that novel, dad. Maybe then I would have read it"

6. Your local library tells you "Oh, what a cute little book... We will put it way up there on the top shelf where it will keep the dust from falling on the traditional books"