Book cover drawn out for Supermarket Dominium

Part 3 of The Supermarket Guy: Supermarket Dominiums book cover is now drawn out.

It just needs to be all colored in now. This will take another day tomorrow, possibly, if I get the time. Today time was short for me once again. Night shifts took a toll on the body, and I slept probably half of the day today.

The first original book cover in my mind was to place the 3 main characters in the desert. There in the background, a nuclear weapon is blown up creating a sandstorm. The two heroes shown in the desert sand, gasping for water, and hallucinating. The main villain triumphant with his arms raised to the sky, pressing a button detonating it. This cover idea has been placed into the waste paper basket, as the newer cover includes a scene from the book. A humorous one at that,  in order to try to spark more interest for the book itself and the series.

As I feel I perhaps missed with my last two book covers. This one should be quite a bit better. I hope.

This is what brought about the thinking to change the original book cover. I had a rough sketch of the first one drawn out. I realized it was very hard to make it funny. And I decided, it is a humor book after all. I should make the cover funny. So then I went through the whole book in my mind. Trying to decide which page would fit on a cover. Somewhere 1/2 way through the book, I got the idea for the cover. Maybe other scenes could have done just as well or even better, but this one had a certain fatality to it and mystery as well. So far, unless nothing creeps up in my mind tonight, it is what I will go with.

I kept the same wording or title as Parts 1 and 2. It did not take me all that long to draw it out. I was surprised to see how decently it did turn out. It is the first time I drew it out on paper, without a light sketch underneath or anything like that. I did photocopy some of the titles in case I made a tremendous mistake in drawing things out, but this was not required, luckily enough.

I am very much content with this book cover. Now the color schemes, will be tricky enough. I do not like to use the same color schemes as my other two books. I will try to get away from the light blue, and the charcoal smoke of the second part. It should be, very much, different.

Till next time..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canada has a carbon tax. Something that will never work.

Borador- labrador collie mix

They say you are more famous when you are dead.. lol...