Stayed at the world renowned Burj Al Arab in Dubai last weekend!

I was glad to take up the invitation of a friend, to stay at the world renowned Burj Al Arab in Dubai last weekend. You could smell the salt water in the air, the beautiful ocean beckoned at the dawns brightest sunset. There was plenty to do there, but I came for the skiing, and the beaches. I enjoyed their indoor ski resort the most, with the chair lift, and the excellent groomed slopes. I even tried out their bobsleigh, which in itself was a huge thrill of a lifetime!

We went out to eat at some fabulous restaurants. The Nobu, the Al Mahari, and the underwater restaurant there, the famous Al Jareb, where beautiful aquariums surrounded us in charm. After eating all of those marvelous Arab dishes, I then decided to go relax in a breathtaking Asswan Spa and Health Club, to get all of those knots out of my tight muscles...

Now, do not get me wrong. I love their food, it is very exquisite, and rich to the taste. But after a few days there, I had a craving for some Dixie Lee chicken... My friend replied, that he did not know if their home country had a Dixie Lee... But offered to fly me in some cluck, in a warmly temperature and moisture controlled, atmosphere aboard his Lear jet.

I told my friend that is an incredible gesture of friendship, that I would wait until I fly back to Atlantic Canada, because it could take many top chefs and cooks to preserve the crispness and tenderness of the chicken... And, then there was the soggy fry problem, that we could encounter while waiting for it to arrive...

Then, by a stroke of luck, we were just driving down Jumeirah drive in my friends Lamborghini Countach, when I could smell the aroma of fried chicken coming in the rolled down T bar roof of our red hot mobile. My friend slammed on the brakes, and did a wide but legal, abrupt turn around as we drove into the lot of the Dixie Lee! Right here in Dubai!

We bought 20 pieces of chicken. It tasted so good, we even gnawed on the bones for hours on end.. I used the bare eaten down drumsticks as a juggling act for my friend and customers to witness, how content I truly was! We could barely walk to the car, afterwords. We were stuffed, but extremely satisfied...

Dubai has everything, my friend.... Even a Dixie Lee.... And probably "The Supermarket Guy" books as well... Probably...

Till next time...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canada has a carbon tax. Something that will never work.

Borador- labrador collie mix

They say you are more famous when you are dead.. lol...