Canada has a carbon tax. Something that will never work.

Carbon tax. At first, the Canadian Federal Government, under the Liberals, unrolled a tax where 90 % of it was exposed to go back to the payers of the program. 

Now, just that sentence alone. Think about it. 10 % going to schools, hospitals... I guess... And 90 % going back to the pocket that spent it...

But, not your direct pocket. Not saying all of the provinces would have done it in the same way. At the first roll out, New Brunswick, the province in which I lived, just reduced the tax on gasoline to make up for the carbon tax increase. The feds said, no no, that is not right.. That is not what it is intended to be with this carbon tax.. So eventually, we may have gotten back one carbon tax check one year, and I truly forget. Now, far as I know, I never received a carbon tax cheque back to my pocket... 

But I do know, of programs, that went to buy heatpumps for people under a certain income... To make them energy efficient to a degree in the winter, but to comfortably cool their homes in the summer. Thereby, decreasing a bit of the heating load in the winter to increasing a cooling load in the summer.. Which, is great, but, goes to show the carbon tax does not truly, come back, to the pockets who buy the most amount of energy, the middle and upper classes who pay the lions share of carbon tax.... The lower class, yes, does pay their share of carbon tax, but, not as high as the middle and upper classes...  How do you fairly give back the tax to each class, at the fairest amount.. Impossible to do. And it is not done.

And of course, both, the middle and lower class, actually drive to work. We actually, drive to get groceries. We actually, drive to the doctor, dentist, to a supermall for a myriad of items... I drive, to get gas for my car. The upper class, ok, they may have big SUVS or speedboats... But, they are not the majority of the population either. And, they are less affected by the carbon tax... Matter of fact, they may just quite ignore it.

In the 80s, I remember my mother saying, "We can go for a sunday drive, but we do not want to go too far, we will have to fill the tank full of gasoline"  They would drive close for their affairs, drive to town once a month for anything major they needed... Once a month drive, was a 30 minute drive... A dinner and shopping at a restaurant, and, they were quite happy.

What is the difference, from my parents time, to today.

On the family unit, not much difference. When I drive, I try to do everything in one swing. Get Groceries. Get gas. Get health products. Get anything I need at a hardware store to repair things in the house... In fact, get everything I can in one drive... So I do not have to run my vehicle, 2, 3, or 4 times more in a week... Do many people think the way I do... I am sure 70 % approx. think the same way...

I do not believe in a carbon tax.... It only drives up the cost of groceries, gasoline, and other goods. We are taxed enough.

I think, the only way, to get people to reduce their energy output, starts by using less computer time. Less cell phone time... Less charging. There are other ideas, where we can save on Gasoline cars, but, that is another topic that I will get into later... Many companies rushing into Battery Charged Cars,, without the Rare Earth Metals Availability known, without charging stations at Apartment Buildings or homes, without huge charging stations available and quick charge available, a huge mistake...

Heard of a story of an Electric truck, towing a load from an area of NB... They ran out of charge, cause the charge may drop to 1/3rd when carrying a load... and they had to be towed...  By a gasoline truck...

It is a far left wing, Democrat Party, Liberal Party, dream, to get off of gasoline that fast... Impossible..

And, people burn carbon, not for FUN. If you think, I could  turn my vehicle into a Wind Powered Vehicle today, do you think I would do it... It is impossible...  Until, a newer tech comes out.... We burn carbon, to survive... To grow. To get to point A to ponit B... Simple..

A carbon tax, only, puts more taxation on the middle/ lower class. It only, puts up electricity costs. It burdens the middle class family, on what it can save for their retirements or kids education.... Carbon tax, has to go. The upper class, are not affected by it, and will burn carbon to the max anyways... The Middle class, Lower classes, have to burn it to do what is necessary to SURVIVE.

Till next time.. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Borador- labrador collie mix

They say you are more famous when you are dead.. lol...