Planning to advertise a bit

I am finally thinking of advertising a bit on radio.  Now,  the advertising rates in New York City is average 1400 dollars for a 30 second time slot.  I do not expect to advertise there,  as I find the rates a little too steep.  I will advertise there after I see some small advertising samples do some work for me.  Places like Portland, Maine has rates of 54 dollars for a 30 second spot.  But all these rates vary with the time,  and volume of ads coming in.  So you could pay allot more for advertising than the listed rates,  or a little less.  I could get a billboard advertising somewhere.  I heard that some people even spray painted some old cars on the side of roads to get exposure to their means.  I do have a funny idea for a u tube video..  Does anyone have a camera out there :)

I may even do a few radio contests where people can win a book by calling in.  I will talk with the radio stations to get their feedback on it.  For now,  the weather here is beautiful on the North Shore of New Brunswick.  I am still waiting for my shipment of books from Dog Ear.  It is either I can bring them into some local bookstores to sell on consignment,  or leave some copies at high traffic areas,  like hospitals or clinics, or hooters bars..  Till then...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canada has a carbon tax. Something that will never work.

Borador- labrador collie mix

They say you are more famous when you are dead.. lol...