Skip to main content

A dog knows where the treats are!

Going to my grandmother in laws, they were making a roasted chicken dinner. The dog came with us, and ran around the kitchen in great jubilation at the aromas coming from around the table.  I motioned at the dog, time to go for a walk. The dog had a hard time to leave the table, but, she eventually came.  We must have walked a good 2000 feet down to a shoreline, and then on the way back,  the dog took off running.

Where was she going?  Did she see a cat, a mouse, or a squirrel?  No, she was running in a straight line direction. It obviously worried me a little bit, as she could have just as well be heading towards the road. We called, but there was no coming back.  I whistled, but there was not even a turn of her head.

I ran a bit until I got to the house.  She had her front paws up against the front door, whimpering to get in.  Wagging her tail, and looking towards the window.  Well, to my relief, she went to the house.  She never forgot what was going on in the house, the roasted chicken that was being cut up on the table.  She wanted a few treats,  and she knew the people there was going to give her a few.

It is amazing,  how you hear stories like this.  I know of a neighbors cat,  that would actually jump on the kitchen table when they brought home a load of crab.  The cat would go crazy,  over seafood, and if you tried to push her down and say "Get",  she would still jump up.  The owners would have to put the cat in a room, as she meowed and scratched to get out.

Pets, are definitely intelligent. They have a good memory too, as my dog remembered to go back to the house for, a few slivers of chicken.  It is a powerful memory, as to run full out to get to the door, not answering my call.  Talk about funny.... Till then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dog has ate a Ferrero Rocher.

I had only went into a store to buy a few Ferrero Rocher packages of chocolates... Then, I went into the next store, not realizing that I left the small, 3 chocolates per package, delicious Rochers in my middle vehicle organizer. On the way back, I did not even notice.

I had got out of my vehicle, and only when I went to search for something on that side, it all came together. The package was torn, with only one individually wrapped Ferro Rocher out of its packaging. She had selected one, and even tore the golden foil paper from the once existing Rocher Chocolate.

I looked over at my Dog. This was a little too much for me to handle. I yelled "Pushkin! You ate one of my Ferrero Rocher!"  Is she the only dog in the world that probably ate a Ferrero Rocher.

Good point in standing, she actually thought the process through. She did not destroy the three chocolates in the package, all in one bite. She used her incisors, exactly as a surgeon would, to take apart the package from t…

Supermarket Guy 5 doing very well.

Have approximately 15 % written on Part 5 so far. It is going really well, but the first few chapters maybe more drama and less action. Relationships come into play as the main characters father and mother first meet. A meeting of the eccentrics, one extreme male dominate character with a woman who takes liberty to the maximum extreme, looking back to the 70's, where we remember the 8 track tape and black and white tv. When smoking was cool. A decade where the men held the dominance in affairs and in the household, and the women usually held the fort at the home. Things have changed for the better through the late 80s and 90s, as a womans place in the world has become much more equal these days, becoming bread winners and with the men sharing allot of the household chores these days in many families. Perhaps Margaret Thatcher paved the way for many women all over the world. Now even governments make sure there is a good number of women in their cabinet in order to govern, and man…