Choosing the wrong lane in life can lead you to zero pretty fast.

 As you may have known, already,  my publisher has quit operations. There is no email, no response from a phone number,  nothing. It seems an investment of 12 000 dollars in total approximate dollars, has evaporated.

Talk about a bad month. 

Many ex authors who had their works published by this company,  have gotten together with legal counsel. I have the link to the facebook page,  but after being kicked off of facebook long long ago for advertising my books, it appears I am out of the loop again. As usual.

Each book cost me approximately 3600 to publish, with E Book versions to boot. But it was all the extras,  that added up to approximately 12000 dollars US. Now that is all down the flush of a toilet.

Word is, that many self publishing companies may fail. This company, apparently, from word on the street, was stealing book profits from their authors. I do not believe, personally, that my book sold enough copies, to have had any profit at all.

I did see download sites,  where my book may have been downloaded  a few thousand times,  but with limited resources, limited time, it is hard to chase that stuff down. You just hope the FBI is doing their job, or some legal outfit, to shut the pirating down. For self published authors, it is a double edged sword to fight against. You are just trying to make an inkling of a profit to cover, at least your costs in the whole affair. 

Now as of today,  I have only one copy, Part 4 ( possibly the best copy to date ever written), available only on kindle. I would have put it on paperback,  but the financial situation here was not getting any better. No revenues, no profits from the previous 3 books in Kindle and Paperback format, leads for not enough pails to drain the water level inside the sinking ship.

That leaves Part 5,  doomed. That leaves the whole thing shattered, with this company shutting its doors. I would have to resurrect Part 1, 2, and 3, then work on Part 5. Cannot be done.

So, I will leave it at that. The self publishing route, was a terrible winding and treacherous road for myself, personally. I am done with that road.

For those who followed this blog, and who actually purchased my books when they were in print or on file, thank you.  The reviews were good,  just did not have the push to make it to the finish line... The finish line right now is not to be seen... My formula one car is in the pits, suffering from a blown out motor... 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canada has a carbon tax. Something that will never work.

Borador- labrador collie mix

They say you are more famous when you are dead.. lol...