Skip to main content

Part 4 was ready to go... Still a no?

Part 4 of my book was ready to go to a publisher. A self publisher. I thought going to another self publishing spot may alleviate my cost problems, and bring them down to a responsible level.

So far, perhaps the upfront cost may equal that to my old publisher, or a bit more by 400 cigarettes. The amount that will be needed to burn in order to get myself to publish this thing.

Once again I am worn down. No time. But, the text is finished. The cover in my view is finished, but not in a self publishers view. The cover has to contain a back cover, and a spine. I was thinking, if I drew out the entire front cover in order to save me money, and yet have to just prepare a spine, a back cover in order to save more, then something is wrong. A spine just has to have the main title and perhaps my name alongside of it. The back, a blurb about the book and a frame or boarder around the words. Still, this takes time to produce a spine and a back cover, something I had not even thought about yet.

So then the old publisher is still there. At a cost of perhaps a few hundred dollars less. But, perhaps the cost per unit of the book would be higher. This new company tells me they have a larger, broader distribution network than my old publisher. They tell me I will be making a mistake by going back to them.

The product of the old publisher, I was quite satisfied with, and they seemed to treat me fairly thus far.

Perhaps Part 4 will not be ever be created. Very frustrated right now.


Popular posts from this blog

My Dog has ate a Ferrero Rocher.

I had only went into a store to buy a few Ferrero Rocher packages of chocolates... Then, I went into the next store, not realizing that I left the small, 3 chocolates per package, delicious Rochers in my middle vehicle organizer. On the way back, I did not even notice.

I had got out of my vehicle, and only when I went to search for something on that side, it all came together. The package was torn, with only one individually wrapped Ferro Rocher out of its packaging. She had selected one, and even tore the golden foil paper from the once existing Rocher Chocolate.

I looked over at my Dog. This was a little too much for me to handle. I yelled "Pushkin! You ate one of my Ferrero Rocher!"  Is she the only dog in the world that probably ate a Ferrero Rocher.

Good point in standing, she actually thought the process through. She did not destroy the three chocolates in the package, all in one bite. She used her incisors, exactly as a surgeon would, to take apart the package from t…

Supermarket Guy 5 doing very well.

Have approximately 15 % written on Part 5 so far. It is going really well, but the first few chapters maybe more drama and less action. Relationships come into play as the main characters father and mother first meet. A meeting of the eccentrics, one extreme male dominate character with a woman who takes liberty to the maximum extreme, looking back to the 70's, where we remember the 8 track tape and black and white tv. When smoking was cool. A decade where the men held the dominance in affairs and in the household, and the women usually held the fort at the home. Things have changed for the better through the late 80s and 90s, as a womans place in the world has become much more equal these days, becoming bread winners and with the men sharing allot of the household chores these days in many families. Perhaps Margaret Thatcher paved the way for many women all over the world. Now even governments make sure there is a good number of women in their cabinet in order to govern, and man…